Dr Sam is an Australian born and trained medical doctor (B.SC, M.B.B.S., F.R.A.C.G.P.).
She was born and raised in Rockhampton in country Queensland, Australia.
Dr Sam is a Fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, and active member of the Australian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine, and an active Australian Indigenous doctor and mentor.
Dr Sam's Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science (Biomedical major)
- Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery
- Fellowship Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine
- Doctor of the Year 2016 Griffith Alumni of the Year
- Intrust Supercup Queensland Rugby League Doctor
- Capricorn Coast Hospital Doctor Emergency Department
- Published Media Doctor and Public Speaker
- Autism Therapy, Parent and Advocate
Dr Sam's traditional Aboriginal country and people are from the Callide and Dawson Valleys' in Central Queensland Australia. She is an active member of her traditional owner group in particular focussing on health and well being for her people.
Dr Sam has extensive experience and has worked for the Commonwealth Department of Health and Ageing, Queensland Health and private community health sectors for many years provide policy and advocacy advice.
Dr Sam successfully completed her graduate medical and surgical studies and training at Griffith University, being the first Aboriginal medical doctor to graduate from this institution.
Additionally she has completed a science degree majoring in biomedical science at the University of Queensland in Australia, and now practices medicine as a general practitioner.
Dr Sam is also a Science Hero for the Queensland Museum Science Centre advocating for children to explore and fall in love with all things Science!